Translate

Wednesday 23 April 2014

Quizlet



My first Quizlet is for learning transition signals to aid in academic writing. Transition signals are connecting words or phrases that act like bridges between parts of your writing. They link your sentences and paragraphs together smoothly so that there are no abrupt jumps or breaks between ideas.

However, I do not vouch for my translation skills :D

We know that vocabulary learning is fundamentally important as the basis of communication. However, in my Academic Writing classes, I can't be sure that the vocabulary that I am using is understood by my students. A short quizlet, such as this one, completed in class, could help me know which terms are understood by my Korean students and which ones they are having difficulties with. This gives me information as a teacher, to be able to target problem areas of comprehension in my writing classes.


I found a very useful Quizlet set of the most common words in the English language (probably taken from the General Service List). http://quizlet.com/class/661838/

An example would be lesson 1: 


We know that vocabulary learning is important as the basis of communication. However, 

No comments:

Post a Comment